- Female dog around 18 months old.
- Loves people and gets on well with other dogs.
- A calm and gentle lady.
- Doesn't she have wonderful markings and a pretty face.
- All our dogs are tested for the following prior to travel: Heartworm, Anaplasmosis, Erlichiosis, Lyme Disease, Brucellosis (since 11th June 2021).
- Full rescue back up and post-adoption support for life.
Ava is a beautiful German Shorthaired Pointer and approximately 18 months old. She was recently removed from the pound as some sight issues were spotted. She is now safe in a pension and has had specialist ophthalmology tests in Belgrade. This has shown a congenital abnormality of her eyes called Micropthalmia, which is essentially undersized eyeballs. The irises are unaffected, but she has congenital cataracts which cannot be treated by surgery.
She is in no discomfort whatsoever, is on daily eye drops and sees well enough to enjoy a normal life. Her cataracts require ongoing checking and it is unknown if there will be any further deterioration in her eyesight. All her ultrasounds and reports are available to anyone interested.
She is a wonderful dog, a real sweetheart! Calm and gentle, especially for a GSP. She loves humans and dogs, and enjoys a run around. At her vet investigations she was a star - a brave girl who took it all in her stride. She is soon to be spayed and as always, will be vaccinated before travel.