- Female: around 2 years old
- Friendly, loves cuddles
- Great with people and other dogs
- Smart lady who deserves a lovely home
- She is recovering from heartworm
- She has been spayed & will be vaccinated and titre tested prior to travel
- All our dogs are tested for the following prior to travel: Heartworm, Anaplasmosis, Erlichiosis, Lyme Disease, Brucellosis (since 11th June 2021).
- Full rescue back up and post-adoption support for life.
Ghana is a friendly, cuddly and smart female dog. She is around 2 years old and was rescued by one of our rescuers while chasing some other puppies.
As standard procedure, Ghana was taken to the veterinarian. It was discovered that Ghana had previously endured a fracture on one of her legs, and shockingly has a bullet in the same leg too. The vet advised that both the fracture and bullet should not be operated on. This is because the high risks of complex surgery near the plexus nerves far outweigh any potential minor benefit for Ghana. Yet, in later life, she may well require some joint supplements.
Ghana is currently under treatment for heartworm. She will be able to travel to the UK after two negative heartworm control tests have been achieved and a scan to check no lasting damage.
Heartworm is fairly common in Serbia and many dogs/cats recover in full if caught early enough and dogs/cats can lead full and normal lives. Heartworm is not generally well known in the UK but there are plenty of articles online and a very useful video can be found on our website here.
If you are interested in adopting Ghana, please register your interest here, or contact us for more information.